Sunday, March 18, 2012

It is not so good to be King.


In my last post I started with a little bit of angst on the subject of politics. My comments on the subject were rather discouraging and I apologize. Most of the time my frustration with politics comes from people whose political views differ from mine. This is probably what makes some people love it and others hate it. I guess I have a love/hate relationship. Recently I had a small revelation on my politics problems. My frustration and discouragement would often become increased when I thought I knew that something was going to end badly because of all the people who didn't see the world like me. Then it occurred to me that the devil was talking in my ear.
"You have eaten the fruit Christian, and are god, being able to judge right and wrong. If you could only convince people to have more faith in this prince, or that prince, then the world wouldn't be so out of control."
Politics (is this really plural?) are great. I still get into them because I think that they are a tool the Lord gives us to help change people. The key is to be in the world but not of it. When we start using politics as a way for us to play god, the result is tyranny. Sadly, the current society seems to embrace the idea of political gods. Maybe we should outlaw political gods? hehe. So to counter our current society I will fight, discuss, and pray, but never be discouraged. The election is over, Jesus won.

Ok, ready for a laugh? I was recently inspired by Thousand Words to try my hand at poetry. I know very little about how one goes about writing such things, seems like inspiration is a key tool. I wonder if spur of the moment qualifies as inspiration?


It pulls us forward with constant ease and strength
Looking back we vaguely see time's path so long and bright
Some turn with timid spirits to enter the dark tunnel's uncertain length
Others march strongly onward, confident of this tunnel's ending light.

Hmm, well, I tried.
Chip






3 comments:

Grace For a Girl said...

Bahahahahaha! I had no idea you would actually try poetry! I'm not laughing at your poem, I'm laughing...because you must be funny. Ok, ok. Well done! I really like it, and (more importantly) it had a certain emotion to it. Made me curious what the tunnel is. (May I guess politics? Or is it completely unrelated to your post?)

And about the rest of your post: Amen! The battle is over, and we have the victory! I've always been rather intimidated by politics. And I think that needs to change. Thank you for your post!

Chip said...

Well this should teach me to name my own poems. It was only distantly related to my post. I think it would probably be called, "Time's Path." If that is a hint.

Chip

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

very nice... :) spur of the moment is definitely inspiration.

I understand the frustration/confusion that comes with differing views in politics, how to save the world, etc.

It helps when everyone remembers how finite and not-powerful people are. And how infinite and in-control God is.

God bless,
Jordan